Do Colleges and Universities offer support to Incoming freshman?

Being a freshman in college isn't going to be easy at first... Do people help the freshman's learn their way around..? student college

3
Pros
3
0

Ella’s Answer

What kind of support are you looking for? In monetary terms most colleges offer some sort of scholarship program. If you are looking for first-time-in-college support then I am confident that your college will provide this. Most American colleges go above and beyond to ensure that students are in a comfortable learning environment and feel confident attending their college classes.

Ella recommends the following next steps:

Visit your college's website and search "Freshman"
0

qiuhua’s Answer

Yes. Most universities have offices that would target at freshman and help them to settle in, choose classes, etc.
0

Yes. In fact, I would say you get a lot of support since you're transitioning and you are the future of the university. As a freshman I got an advisor, I reached out to numerous upperclassmen in my major and I also connected with personnel in my major’s department. If you are not looking for academic support, there are numerous counseling services for addiction, mental issues, etc. You can also find a mentor! College can be a hard or easy transition. The support is there but if you don’t ask for it, you will never get it.
0