Skip to main content
2 answers
3
Asked 176 views

What is one piece of advice you would give a graduate students in the masters program for speech language pathology #Spring26?

I am so excited to continue my academic journey!


3

2 answers


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Jasmine’s Answer

Hi Emily! I wasn't specifically in speech language pathology (incredible line of work btw!), but I remember transitioning into my masters program. One piece of advice I would give is to spend some time truly understand what time management/task completion management systems work for you. There will be a lot coming your way in grad school, which is very exciting because it all feels important for your future, but you want to be able to best sort and organize the information + to-dos as soon as you get them. This goes hand-and-hand with being able to prioritize what needs to be done immediately versus what can come later on - especially when juggling due dates. You got this, enjoy the experience!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Stephanie’s Answer

I currently work with students in graduate SLP programs on academic success and clinical placement. My advice is to be flexible when it comes to your clinical placement. Sometimes students enter the program with a specific population they want to work with and are solely focused on that. Being open to different clinical experiences may open up opportunities that you had not considered.
0