1

Does the Administrative field have a good job outlook in the future?

I am worried about finding a job once I get my degree #administrative

1

1

Taiowa’s Answer

I started as an administrative assistant and was able to more than double my salary in 10 years. It is a good jumping off point, to excel, but you have to work your butt off, be innovative, contribute to important projects and more importantly, make sure you get hired in a company with lots and lots of growth opportunity.

Also I would have never been able get where I am today if I worked for a small business. Getting in with a national business is the only way to make your way to the next level of jobs, and continue to get promoted. You will get pidgeon holed if you start off at a small company, but it sometimes is a good spot to get some experience if you are looking to move into a big company.
1
0

Renee’s Answer

A good administrative assistant will have many opportunities in a variety of industries. As a Senior Executive Assistant, I've supported dozens of high level executives in the high tech, medical device, and automotive industries.
0
0

Marco’s Answer

Big companies do not hire more for specialties, of course some functions need specific knowledge but others do not. What matters is general knowledge and the ability to solve problems. The fact is that in the future, only the best will have the best jobs, so choose a good university and apply to make your efforts worthwhile in the future.

0