2

How can I become a librarian?

#library#librarian#career# #career-choice #career-counseling #teaching

2

0

Beth’s Answer

Hi Laniece!

I became a school librarian after getting a BS in Elementary Education, after which I worked as an elementary school teacher for approximately 6 years. I then went to Library School as a graduate student, and received a Master’s Degree in Information Science and Policy at SUNY Albany. New York requires all school librarians to have a Master’s degree, so depending upon where you choose to live and work, that might determine what level of education you will need.

if you’d like to know more, feel free to reach out! I currently work with 7th and 8th graders at a junior high school in upstate New York, and LOVE my job!

0
0

Luke’s Answer

Laniece, You should volunteer at your local library, they should also have a friends of the library group also, then secure a certificate or library science bachelors degree. I was on the board of directors for a library for 2.5 years. Feel free to reach back if you need more assistance.

0