What are the biggest reasons someone would leave this career?

Rachael’s Answer

Hi Lialaa,

People often make career changes due to compensation, work-life balance, commute, company perks, working hours, work environment, etc. I would consider how aligned the position is to your interest as this is what will drive you to want to stay. I would also consider how it plays into those categories I listed.

Reeja’s Answer

Leaving a career is itself a difficult decision for all. It depends on how we are able to cope with the responsibilities at work and personal life and that would again depend on what support system we have.

Sharonne’s Answer

Biggest reason someone would leave this career is family and no social life. You spend a lot of hours making sure your project is steady in it's progression. Sometimes there is no room for a lot of outside activities.

Sharonne recommends the following next steps:

• Maintain a life-work balance and stick to it. You can easily get caught up in work and don't allow room for anything else.