is there related fields i might want to look into?
Currently, I am a student at job corps. I will be studying about office administration, this career path looks interesting but I am not sure I want to work in this field. #career #office-administration
Analyze, why you like office administration
- is it the human interaction component?
- is it the part about keeping the paperwork organized?
- is it the opportunity to understand the organization from the inside out?
- is it a certain degree of control?
- is it the (relative) security of this kind of job and the field in general?
- is it the regular hours and the ability to go home and not think about the job? (Not always true. If you work at a hedge fund, you may still occasionally come at 7am to print out some handouts for an 8am meeting.)
The better you understand, what it is exactly that you like and don't like, the easier it will be to identify related fields that fit your criteria. In other words, you have to know your criteria first. I very much recommend to write it down with pen and paper, in a spiral notebook if you wish.
Sergey A. recommends the following next steps:
The great thing is that there are a variety of career opportunities related to office administration. I encourage you to visit this website, www.onetonline.org. Here, you can explore the multitude of careers under Administration. Also, here is the direct link to Business Management & Administration careers, https://www.onetonline.org/find/career?c=4&g=Go. This specific page provides you with a list of careers under Business Management & Administration that require similar skills. Please take time to explore this website. It can really help you understand the options that you have and how to prepare yourself for the career pathway you choose.
Quisha recommends the following next steps: