Is it easy to become a musician?

2

Kyle’s Answer

Hi Nathan,

This is a very broad question so I'm not sure if my answer will be what you're looking for. The short answer is that it's sorta easy to be a musician, to play an instrument and learn songs by ear or by sheet music. It takes time and diligence to learn how to play but most people can learn to do this if they practice enough and have some lessons, or use youtube. If you're asking if it's easy to make a living by being a musician, that's a lot more complicated and harder to do. It's definitely not impossible but there's so many types of things that you can do as a musician that it's hard to say whether you would be able to make enough to be able to work as a musician without working another job too. I've never worked a "regular job" myself and have many friends who do the same so it's definitely possible but it takes a lot of work, talent and a little bit of luck. If you love music and want to share your music with others it's definitely worth pursuing! But it's just not easy. Hope this helps!

0

Kevin’s Answer

Hello. Well if it was 'easy' everyone would be doing it. :) If you love music then pursue it.... be ready to practice for hours and years. You get out of it what you put into it. I've been playing drums over 40 years and I still learn things from other players...... just as they may learn something from me. Best Wishes. 🙂

0