What other healthcare professionals do you work with?

2

Kimberly’s Answer

As a counselor I work closely with psychiatrists, pediatricians, social workers, teachers, nurses, psychologists, and primary care physicians. A key role of a counselor is to be able to direct a client to any resources they may need. As such, I often send referrals to other health care providers and social service agencies to include Social Security Administration, battered women shelters, the food bank, law enforcement and attorney, MDs of various specialties, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, clergy, Child Protective Services, and anything my clients requires to lead a healthy life.
0

Ashley’s Answer

Hi! Depending on the case, I have worked with school counselors, neurologists, psychiatrists, primary care doctors. Typically any healthcare provider that is related to the mental health issue I am working with, we talk at regular intervals (that can be weekly to once every few months) to ensure we are working together to support the client, and not implementing interventions that go against the other. Occasionally, there will be provider meetings, where everyone on the team gets together to discuss progress.
0