What is the first step that i need to become an artist

I like to make comic books. All about superheroes. artist

3
Pros
2
0

Mike’s Answer

There are a lot of things that you can do now that also don't require a ton of up front cost. There are great tutorials from industry vets and other talented creators on YouTube. On the topic of tutorials, always invest in the fundamentals (i.e Anatomy, perspective, color theory). Strong fundamentals will take your art to new levels and push your skills further. It's also important to know that studies are important, but also make sure that you time dedicated to fun. Take what you've learned from your studies and implement it into fun little projects. If you start to realize it's in fact what you want to do, make sure that you are building a portfolio and show it to as many people in the industry. Take the constructive feedback and implement it. Good luck and enjoy the journey!
0

Vince’s Answer

The best answer I have ever seen to this question is simple: practice! If you want to see results, it is important to try new things, assess the results and then try again while making adjustments. Of course, I would also suggest two other important elements. The first would be a formal course (if that is available to you) and also viewing content with an eye toward whether it fits your personal style. I have seen comic books with very detailed pages that speak to be and more simple styles that are just as expressive. It is all down to what you want your "look" to be.

If you are also interested in writing your own books, I would also suggest reading some good newswriting and feature stories from magazines and newspapers. Both the comics and newswriting formats share similar skillsets in terms of the need for concise telling and you can learn a lot from how efficient writers on both sides of that coin are. Good luck!
0