Skip to main content
2 answers
5
Asked 427 views

How long does it take to get a bachelor's degree, and do you need any special training to become a graphic designer?

I'm in 6th grade and working on an assignment for school success, the "Lifelong Leadership Project," and I'm doing mine on my future career instead of my college (I want to go to MassArts) but I need some answers to questions like "How long does training/education take Where should you get educated What's my annual salary (I need help with that too⬇) What my Hours will be What's my daily life Opportunities for growth My location and what are my needs in a job" Thoughs are litterly all the questions I'm suppost to answer and then my other thing is I want to be an Indapendent contracter how would my pay work?


5

2 answers


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Paige’s Answer

Hello Evaline,

Great questions and way to go on doing research on career options in 6th grade. Salaries for graphic design can range with a median annual salary of $62,000. A bachelor's degree typically requires 4 years but can be done in a shorter or longer completion depending on the student and possible transferable credits. I would recommend looking into a Bachelor's in Graphic Design if you know this is the path you would like to take. If you know the school you are interested in, I recommend research what requirements they have to apply to look ahead. Good luck on continuing your research for this project.
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Rafael’s Answer

Hi Evaline! A bachelor's degree usually takes about 4 years, and while it's not strictly required to become a graphic designer, going to a strong art or design program really helps, plus picking up extra certifications along the way can keep you competitive, which is something I've done throughout my own career to keep growing. Entry-level designers typically earn around $40,000 to $50,000 a year, and that can climb to $60,000 to $80,000+ with experience, with most working about 40 hours a week doing things like sketching, designing on a computer, meeting clients, and revising work. There's tons of room for growth into roles like art director or creative director, and as an independent contractor you'd charge clients per project or hourly (around $25 to $75+/hour), set your own schedule, but handle your own taxes and benefits, so income can vary month to month but the freedom is a big perk. Good luck with your project!
Thank you comment icon Thank you, Rafael, that was very helpful! Evaline
0