Hi Gabriel: I've researched your question and here's some info that I hope you find helpful to get started on your path.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, commercial divers and underwater welders have a mean (average) hourly wage of $26.32, while the mean annual wage is approximately $54,750.
Additionally, the top percentile (90%) can make approximately $93,910 or more.
- Rookie (starting): $40,000 – $60,000
- Veteran (3-5+ years experience): $75,000 – $100,000+
- Rookie (starting): $25,000 – $40,000
- Veteran (3-5+ years experience): $50,000 – $80,000
Here are some minimum requirements to become an underwater welder:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Ability to swim
- Mechanical aptitude
- Commercial Diving Certification
- AWS Certified Welding Training
I wish you the best on your journey!
Sheila recommends the following next steps:
- Visit commercial diving academy site - - https://www.commercialdivingacademy.com/underwater-welding-career-and-salary.cms
- Visit Bureau of Labor Statistics site - - https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes499092.htm