What is the typical career path for an electrician?

3

Umber’s Answer

The trade of Electrician has a range of opportunities almost incomparable to anything.

There are electricians that only do residential, or commercial or industrial. They may only focus on bending conduit, it is after all a kind of art, or doing renovations.

The thing is though, you don't have to only do one thing. I'm going after a PSE right now (power systems electrician) for a dual ticket getting more than my full rate for being an electrician. In the past year I've done security installations, fiber optics for a data center, load shedding in an air separation plant, transformer changouts, 240Kv current transformer installations, infrared scoping, oil containment installations and, for fun, residential and commercial side jobs.

I can transfer into any field doing anything relating to application, installation, or maintenance of anything using electricity.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/electricians/comments/167nv4/question_about_the_electrician_career_path/

0

Donald’s Answer

Start with an apprenticeship to see how you like it!

0

Donald’s Answer

0