To be become a registered architect you first should attend an accredited school. There are 5 year accredited Bachelor of Architecture programs or 4 year bachelor programs (unaccredited) that can be paired with a 2 year Masters of Architecture accredited program.
While you're in school you can intern under a registered architect and AXP hours (you need about 3 years worth) and keep gaining experience hours after graduation when you get a full-time job. Once you have enough experience in all the areas, you can qualify to take the ARE. The ARE (current version is 5.0) has 6 tests, and once you complete them you are a registered architect and can stamp your own drawings or create your own practice.
Rachel recommends the following next steps:
- Research accredited architecture schools
- Apply and enroll into accredited architecture school
- Complete internships/on-the-job experience and track AXP hours
- Quality to take Architect Registration Examination (ARE)
- Take ARE 5.0 tests (there are 6) and pass- then you are a registered architect