How can I be a better barber ?

How can I improve my barber skills specifically the razor blade and the scissors? Some of my skills In barbering are fading really well , doing basic designs, shape ups.
#barber

2

Andrea’s Answer

The only way you will get better is by doing it. Repeatedly. It's always useful to take before and after pictures and overtime you will be able to see your progress and each cut better than the last.

If you are hesitant to practice on paying folks, people will always volunteer their kids in return for cheap or free and you can always buy mannequins.

Andrea recommends the following next steps:

Practice
Saved!
Practice
Saved!
Practice
Saved!

0

Sue’s Answer

You did not indicate if you have formal training. Reach out to other barbers in the area and see if they are willing to be a mentor and provide you with an opportunity to refresh your skills. Look for seminars or hands-on training sessions that will allow you to refresh your skills. Reach out to perhaps the office that oversees licensing for barbers in your area, or professional organizations for barbers.

You could also look on you tube or a similar sites that have videos that you can watch and practice from.

Hope this helps.

Sue

0