What can you do with a Zoology Degree

4

I am asking to figure out what to do before studying the topic for the next four years. #zoology #wildlife-biology

4

Kerry’s Answer

0

For me, I majored in zoology to train animals. For the past ten years I've worked with the dolphins at the National Aquarium. I loved the classes I took in mammalogy, animal communication and animal behavior. This background has certainly helped me in my current position.

0

Hemanth’s Answer

0

Hi,
With Zoology Degree opportunities are good, especially for zoologists who have a doctoral degree. Zoologists can become project leaders or research directors. Those who work in zoos and museums can become administrators or head curators. Zoologists working for the government can advance to such positions as head of a state fishery or national wildlife refuge. Zoologists employed in colleges and universities can advance to the rank of full professor. Another way that a zoologist can advance is by becoming recognized as an authority in one area of animal science. This kind of recognition generally comes to zoologists who have done important research and have published their findings in professional journals.

0

Sandhya’s Answer

0

Hi Trena,
Thankyou for the question.
Some of the jobs directly related to the Zoology degree include:
• Ecologist
• Environmental consultant
• Field trials officer
• Marine scientist
• Nature conservation officer
• Physician associate
• Research scientist (life sciences)
Other job opportunity where the degree would be useful:
• Biomedical scientist
• Environmental education officer
• Environmental manager
• Higher education lecturer
• Toxicologist
All the Best

0