Will going abroad for your first job increase your chances for jobs back home?

2

I'm planning on going abroad for my first job. It will be a teaching job and I don't have any serious career ideas. I don't know what job I would be working if I stay home instead so I'm assuming staying or leaving won't makeba huge difference in what I care about, unless I find something before my first job. I can think of ways that going abroad can be seen as good and bad. I do not know which side respectable employers willl side with. #working-abroad #employment- #overseas

2

Susan’s Answer

0

I work for a global company who values highly international experience. In fact, that is a key experience we look for in candidates. Therefore, I'd say it would be wise to take advantage of the teaching opportunity - even if only for a year or 2. You never know where it might lead and you will certainly have an edge on your return if you then look for employment in a global company.

0