What is the best way to prepare for college besides academics?

1

I'll be attending college soon and I'd like to know what to prepare for and how to prepare for it. I hear that college is very different from high school and you need different skills to navigate it.
#college #college-life

1

Rachael’s Answer

1

Hi Margaret!

What a great question. You can expect University to be very different than high school, as this time around you'll be on your own! Fortunately, campuses provide cafeterias and common areas similar to high school, but also so much more. To prepare, I think my greatest advice is to be open-minded and challenge yourself to meeting different types of people that may have limited you in high school. Don't worry, you'll make friends fast. Other than that, continue to approach organizations and clubs that are of interest to you, as they will be the perfect gateways to shaping your college experience exactly how you hope it to be.

Rachael recommends the following next steps:

• Research clubs/organizations that are interesting to you, even if you have never tried this type of club before
  • Take walks around campus and learn about all of the resources available to you
  • Don't hide behind technology, keep trying new things in person and out of your dorm room!
Thanks for the advice! Margaret C. Translate
1