Do internships really help me in finding a job?

5

I would like to know if internships looks good on my resume and will help me in finding a job. #internships #resume-building

5

Victoria’s Answer

0

Hi Jakob,

This is such a wonderful question! Yes, internships and volunteering are two very important tools in your virtual toolkit. What do I mean? Paid internships often lead to job offers. Unpaid internships and volunteering are very important ways to try out new fields, build work skills, develop self-confidence, and learn about your community. It is also a great way to network, meet a great group of people with a sense of mission, and work on something bigger than yourself. I have included two articles. There is no right or wrong answer, but I have found that when you work on a paid internship or volunteer you gain so much experience and insight very quickly. It is definitely worth it and you will have some amazing things to share on your resume and in your interview. Employers want to know that you are resourceful, can handle the job, and have skills or experience that are valuable to the employer's organization.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2012/07/25/odds-are-your-internship-will-get-you-a-job/#60d5498862e5

https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2012/04/04/how-volunteering-can-help-you-get-a-job

0

Mark’s Answer

0
Absolutely! It's the best way to learn about becoming a professional and landing a job after graduation.

As a recruiter in the tech industry, there's little chance I would submit a new graduate's resume without internship experience. Hiring managers are also unlikely to select a resume with no internship experience.

0

Jazzmin’s Answer

0

Great question! Yes, internships definitely help you learn many things about the field you are interested in. They often lead to job opportunities and open the door to new experiences. Make sure to internship for something you are passionate about. Good luck!

0

Todd’s Answer

0

Internships will not only help you find a job but it will give you a great idea if that company is a great fit for your talents.

0