how do I start my acting career?

Im in 10th grade and have been thinking about becoming an actor because I cannot see myself doing anything else in the world. I like to watch T.V shows like The walking dead, Arrow, The flash etc. and I would like to become involved in shows like those some day but I have absolutely no experience. How/where would I start my career? #acting #film-acting #acting-in-tv

5

Donald’s Answer

Start auditioning in local community theatre, attend any and all performances you can to see what you like and feel how you are inspired

No you have to go right to the producers and get a job Jon C.

2

Temeka’s Answer

You would want to start with getting some good head shots done and take some acting classes and workshops.

Start auditioning in local community theatre, attend any and all performances you can to see what you like and feel how you are inspired Donald Mitchell

what courses would you guys recommend me to take? Brendan V.

Well take an acting class is the first step Jon C.

2

Leslie’s Answer

Find any opportunity to audition, perform, act, sing, dance, juggle -- on stage, film, or on a street corner. If there are drama or theatre classes at your school or in your community, get into them.

Loving TV shoes and movies is great -- but acting in them is a totally different ballgame.

Acting is about being vulnerable. The best actors -- life-long career actors -- learn how to become as comfortable as they can in the discomfort of looking foolish. It is often about persevering when you do NOT get the opportunities you want.

Find anyone in your community who performs in a way that you like, and find a way to work and study with them. If a year from now it still captures your imagination, you might be on to something!

Start small in a small town like do a small production of annie Jon C.

1

Dada’s Answer

Learn the craft by signing up for a wide variety of Theater & Studio acting classes .
Also shift the gear Where the Work is - as you stand the best chance of being cast in a role if you're there.
It all sums up to credentials, many of these seasoned performers very much continue to work with mentors to shine their craft .

I would like to mention to check few archives of David Slade , Satyajit Ray , David Finch , Shyam Benegal & Ridley Scott

Feel free to check https://www.thebalancecareers.com/

0