how do I start my acting career?

Updated Appleton, Wisconsin

Im in 10th grade and have been thinking about becoming an actor because I cannot see myself doing anything else in the world. I like to watch T.V shows like The walking dead, Arrow, The flash etc. and I would like to become involved in shows like those some day but I have absolutely no experience. How/where would I start my career? #acting #film-acting #acting-in-tv

Temeka’s Answer

Updated Newark, Delaware

You would want to start with getting some good head shots done and take some acting classes and workshops.

Start auditioning in local community theatre, attend any and all performances you can to see what you like and feel how you are inspired
what courses would you guys recommend me to take?
Well take an acting class is the first step

Donald’s Answer

Updated Newark, Delaware

No you have to go right to the producers and get a job

Leslie’s Answer

Updated Appleton, Wisconsin

Find any opportunity to audition, perform, act, sing, dance, juggle -- on stage, film, or on a street corner. If there are drama or theatre classes at your school or in your community, get into them.

Loving TV shoes and movies is great -- but acting in them is a totally different ballgame.

Acting is about being vulnerable. The best actors -- life-long career actors -- learn how to become as comfortable as they can in the discomfort of looking foolish. It is often about persevering when you do NOT get the opportunities you want.

Find anyone in your community who performs in a way that you like, and find a way to work and study with them. If a year from now it still captures your imagination, you might be on to something!

Start small in a small town like do a small production of annie