Skip to main content
2 answers
2
Updated 87 views

What makes a good song?

How do I make my lyric's better? I'm 16 and I am writng my own songs but they are not the best I've asked around and my bf said they are great but I need to work on my tone and make it more emotinal.


2

2 answers


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Kimberly’s Answer

A song that makes people want to sing along. A song that makes people feel the lyrics and hear the melody and resonate with the message. A song that they will play as they start their day and it makes them feel better. Music connects people of all ages and all across the world. You get practice the more you write. Just keep perfecting your craft. You are doing great! I'm proud of you!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Heike’s Answer

Hi Makayla,
first off, if you're 16 and writing your own songs, you're already doing something a lot of people never try.
Don't compare yourself to famous artists! Keep in mind that they've had years of experience, co-writers, producers, and thousands of hours of practice.

Here are few steps you can take:

- Be specific:
Specific details make songs memorable. Instead of: "I miss you." Try: "I still check my phone at 2 a.m. when I hear it buzz."
The detail creates a picture in the listener's mind.

- Use your own experience: The songs that connect most often come from real feelings. You don't have to share every detail, but ask yourself:
- What exactly was I feeling?
- What caused that feeling?
- What did I see, hear, or do at that moment?

- Read the lyrics of artists you love or admire.

Keep writing... The writers you admire probably wrote hundreds of songs before creating their best work. Practice makes perfect :)
0