1 answer
Asked
24 views
I want to pursue a career in design but I have interest in bio and I don't want to abandoned it and I'm going to give the design exams things year what should I do what fields can I go to I have read about biodesign of sustainability and I do have a slight interest in making products and I want to go into a field that's advancing and moving And I have interest in studing abroad but in masters or through like a exchange program ?
I'm currently in 12th doing pcmb isc I like the bio classes in my college
I like to do hands-on things like model making ,crocheting and comics
Login to comment
1 answer
Updated
Enrique’s Answer
Your interest in biology doesn't conflict with your interest in design. I actually think the combination could become one of your strengths. Since you're still in Grade 12, I wouldn't specialize too early. You could pursue Product or Industrial Design and use your projects and electives to explore biodesign, biomimicry, healthcare products, sustainable design and biomaterials. Then you could use an exchange program during your bachelor's to get international experience and later choose a more specialized master's abroad.
I would especially look into Product/Industrial Design, Biodesign, Healthcare Design, Sustainable Design, Biomimicry and Biomaterials. Before choosing a university, also check whether the design school allows you to collaborate with biology, engineering or medical departments, because that could be very valuable for what you want to do.
I think Product/Industrial Design → biological/sustainable specialization → master's abroad is probably the clearest path to investigate first because it preserves both sides of their interests rather than forcing a decision between "designer" and "biology student.
I would especially look into Product/Industrial Design, Biodesign, Healthcare Design, Sustainable Design, Biomimicry and Biomaterials. Before choosing a university, also check whether the design school allows you to collaborate with biology, engineering or medical departments, because that could be very valuable for what you want to do.
I think Product/Industrial Design → biological/sustainable specialization → master's abroad is probably the clearest path to investigate first because it preserves both sides of their interests rather than forcing a decision between "designer" and "biology student.