Skip to main content
1 answer
1
Updated 73 views

What skills for Interior design should teens start developing early?

Hi I'm a sophomore in high school looking to pursue a career in interior design. Next year I'll be doing running start, and I want to know more about everyday life in this field, and any tips, advice, and skills I should work on or think about before stepping into this career.


1

1 answer


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

kelly’s Answer

Hi Autumn,

Does the Running Start you mentioned mean that you will be taking college courses in interior design? If yes, then you are doing exactly what you should. My advice would be to learn as much as you can, both via school/education and the real world (summer internship, etc.). The more you immerse yourself in the world, the better the understanding you'll have about the industry. You'll meet people who can teach/advise/help you and you may come across jobs/careers you never thought of, or knew existed.

And if after doing some digging around in high school, you still want to pursue it, go for it. Look at schools that offer design programs. If you haven't already, start sketching and learning some programs like Sketch Up, even CAD if you can. If you have access at school to classes like drawing, color theory, etc., take them.

Good luck to you!

Kelly M.
0