I would also think that you may have to use a CT Machine and PET machine depending on the types of issues. If this is the field you would like to pursue, I wish you good luck in your endeavor.
Radiology is the medical specialty that uses medical imaging to diagnose and treat diseases within the human body.
The most common types of diagnostic radiology include:
- Computed tomography (CT), also known as a computerized axial tomography (CAT) scan, including CT angiography
- Fluoroscopy, including upper GI and barium enema
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)
- Nuclear medicine, which includes such tests as a bone scan, thyroid scan, and thallium cardiac stress test
- Plain x-rays, which includes chest x-ray
- Positron emission tomography, also called PET imaging, PET scan, or PET-CT when it is combined with CT