What type of classes do I need to take in high school to become a marine biologist

2
2

Kathleen’s Answer

0

Its okay if your high school doesn't offer a lot of specialized courses for something as specific as Marine Science, but you do want to try and take as many science courses as you can! It also helps to take a statistics course and physics course, as usually you will have to take the college version of these to obtain a marine bio degree! In my experience when I was applying to colleges, they liked to see that I took AP level science courses AND math courses, but what mattered most towards getting accepted to a school for marine bio was my internships! Experience is really the biggest factor. Try to see if there is an aquarium or animal rescue near you that could use volunteers! Or if you're not super close to the sea, try working with river clean ups or water quality organizations. Anything you can do to show that you are passionate in the field will help you achieve your goal.

Best!

Kathleen recommends the following next steps:

• Take an AP science class like AP environmental
  • Find an internship related to marine bio
0

Anna Cecilia’s Answer

0

Hello, I recommend a school with of science courses, for example natural sciences, biology, zoology too.

0