What skills do bartenders need to have on their first day of work?

3

I love interacting with others and having a good time. I am very good with calculating money on the spot. #hospitality #bartending #job #money

3

Brian’s Answer

0
Becoming a bartender requires a combination of ability, knowledge, and soft skills. Ability to free pour is important and the ability to multitask and work/think quickly on your feet. Knowledge of drinks popular with the customers you serve i.e. restaurant bar versus a nightspot. Soft skills to socially engage with a wide variety of people is probably most important for success.
0

Misty’s Answer

0

Kihmo,

I would say that a working knowledge of basic liquors and basic popular drink recipes would be helpful. Also always keep your own supplies such as church keys(bottle openers), and things like that ready to go. Practice with setting up your own speed well with what you will need to get yourself in a system so that you are better able to produce faster drink times.

0

Timothy’s Answer

0

Multitasking is key. 

0

Robert’s Answer

0

So, you want to be a bartender? Becoming a bartender requires a combination of ability, knowledge, and soft skills. Make sure you're old enough. Be ready to keep moving. Be sociable and flexible.

0