What are valuable strengths?

Hi, my name is Brian I am a Glen Rose HS student, I am 18years old and a junior My strengths are working outside, riding horses, and roping cattle. I am interested in as a cow hauler. In my spare time, I ride horses and fix fence #career-counseling . What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career in? Cow Hauling #career #job #career-counseling #career-choice

Dawn’s Answer

Strengths and experience are going to differ from job to job. But your one true strength and unique talent is being you!! Always be true to yourself and be the best YOU you can be and people will recognize it. Don't be afraid to do what you know is right and true, even if it goes "against the grain" so to speak. Meaning even if others are doing something different or are telling you..."No, do it this way."...YOU go with your gut and do what is right for YOU!! Learn all you can about your job...NEVER STOP LEARNING! Love what you do and do it to the best of your ability every single day! Always be safe and treat everyone the way you expect to be treated. And if you decide to work with animals...remember they too are God's creatures and deserve to be treated with kindness. It is OK to ask for help and need assistance no matter what you decide to do...just remember to "give back" every chance you get!! Being happy and feeling fulfilled in your life choices doesn't always include dollar signs. I other words...Happiness isn't always about money. Good Luck to you!!

Maria’s Answer

Hi Brian, 

It sounds like you have to balance several different things during your day like going to school, homework, chores and doing things you love.  Maybe one of your strengths is time management since you have to figure out how to get things done on time and when they are needed.  Another strength may be your love for the outdoors and animals.  I have always told my daughter to think about what you love and are good at and those are your strengths.  Another way to look at it is to think about if you were hiring someone to do this job, what would you look for in that person?  As you think about the answers, maybe those could be some of your strengths too.  You can also ask people who do this for a living what they think you need for experience too.  Hope this helps and best of luck reaching your goals!