What is the job outlook for a health information technician?

I am a high school student with IT exploratory. I have to do a project on IT careers and I was assigned health info technician. #health #healthcare #it #informationtechnology

7

Geeta’s Answer

Health Information Technician job responsibilities vary depending on the size of the employer's organization. They work with all aspects of a patient record including demographic information, medical history, family history, medication history, diagnosis and treatment, test results, lab and radiology reports, and other information necessary for the providing quality patient care.

You can explore some of the resources like these to explore more responsibilities and job outlook for HIT
verywellhealth.com/registered-health-information-technician-2316964
https://www.rasmussen.edu/degrees/health-sciences/blog/what-is-health-information-technician/

1

Holly’s Answer

From what I can see its a growing field and it will only get bigger. More and more medical information is solely on computers and stored on cloud-based services instead of paper/ notebooks in office. Health Information Techs also protect against fraud, something that is always a worry in the medical field but even more so for seniors who are more likely to fall for scams. However, it is also competitive as there are always jobs available and not necessarily enough people wanting to do it. You dont necessarily interact with patients, so you do have to be willing to work a job with limited contact but it is rewarding and at the end of the day, patient's medical data is safe,

1