Is ASU good for veterinary schooling

2

I've wanted to be a vet for a while now, but I do not really know if this school has a good veterinary program #veterinary #veterinary-medicine

2

Kyle W.’s Answer

0
As of February 2019, there are no veterinary schools in Arizona that offer a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. (I assume you are talking about Arizona State University).
0

Elizabeth’s Answer

0
Hello Elizabeth!
As far as I know, ASU does not have a veterinary program per se, but your undergraduate education does not need to occur at a school that has a veterinary school.
UA and Midwestern have veterinary programs, but you don’t need to do your undergrad graduate work at the same campus. When I was planning my college/vet school experience, I couldn't imagine being at one campus for 8 years!
As long as you fill the prerequisites, it doesn’t matter so much that your undergrad is at the same campus.

Elizabeth recommends the following next steps:

• Check the websites for veterinary schools you are interested in - see what their specific requirements are.
  • Does your undergrad institution offer the relevant prerequisites?
  • Contact the admissions/recruiting offices at vet schools you are interested in. Will the courses offered at your undergrad campus fit the bill?
0