Can I go to med school in Caribbean with bad grades?

3
you need really good grades to get into college with bad grades that's going be really hard to get in. Allison M. Translate
You should try applying to lots of different college to get in just in case so that maybe you might, but you could try, it could be a back up. Allison M. Translate
3

Amanda’s Answer

0
Yes! Caribbean Medical Schools offer a “second chance” to many aspiring physicians for whatever reason. I’m going to be honest, there is a stigma about Caribbean medical schools but as someone who is attending American University of Antigua, let me tell you, you are doing the same work. You are learning the same things that all other US medical students are learning but you get to do it in a tropical paradise.

The first two years of any medical school is straight lecture on the island. Then the last two years are clinical rotations where you do your rotations at your choice of affiliated hospitals in the states.

If you are still in high school, I’d recommend looking into some Caribbean pre med programs. For example AICASA is my school’s “ junior” school. It is a 2 year program for students straight out of high school that will prepare you for everything about med school. I have a masters degree in molecular biology and biotechnology and the kids that come out of AICASA are better prepared than I am.

Please reach out if you have any questions!
0

Claire’s Answer

0
Remember too that while medical schools look at grades there are other things that go into your application. If you have bad grades initially but then bring up your grades later, then make sure to have a good story about the things that you learned. Find volunteer work that interests you (and is focused around caring for people). And find other extracurriculars/jobs that show that you have time management. Medical schools will take a lot of these things into account.
0

0
If your grades aren't good enough for US medical school, consider applying to Caribbean school.

Or try Postbaccalaureate Premedical Programs.

https://apps.aamc.org/postbac/#/index
0