What kind of field can i go into in which i work with youth?

3

I am now entering the 10th grade and I fell as if i am starting to find myself. I am a very energetic and intelligent individual. I am interested in a carer that doesn't involve me sitting behind a desk, I am interested in working with youth but not sure in which field would best suit me. #social-work #youth #urban-youth

3

Yandira’s Answer

0

Teaching is definelty an active way to be involved with children.

As a social worker doing therapy - child therapy which uses play.With teens can also mean group work. But these too has desk work meetings with parents as well as administrative.

0

Elise’s Answer

0
There are lots of ways you can work with youth (and lots of other ways not to have a desk job). I would definitely recommend looking into majoring in social work in college - there will be lots of opportunities to intern with youth organizations then and you can get a feel for them. Another great way to figure out what you might want to do is to be a youth leader now! Get involved with a local youth organization - attend, apply to be on their leadership board, etc. And when you're there, watch the staff who work there. If some of them have jobs that look like fun to you, ask to speak to them about their jobs. Ask them what a typical day looks like for them. Ask them how they knew this was what they wanted to do. Ask them about their education. Those are all great ways to get started.

And... you've got TONS of time to figure this out!
0

Wael’s Answer

0

Teaching and coaching is what comes to mind. How do you feel about it?

0