I want to have a major in Finance and I'm not sure what classes I should take.

I'm a high school sophomore that is considering having a major in finance. majors major

4

Jeremy’s Answer

If business is the path you see yourself taking, there is no better subject or area of focus than finance. I had the opportunity to complete both my undergraduate and graduate degree's in marketing. I'm now contemplating going back to school for a second degree in finance. Regardless of what area of an organization you may work in moving forward, being able to understand and navigate through the financial components is an extremely important skillset. differencebetweenrevenueandmargin howdoesabusinessmakemoney
0

Humberto’s Answer

Hi Jadaya,

I think finance would be a great major. If your High Schools does not offer a career path in business, accounting, or finance, then I would simply recommend taking classes in those topics or anything similar.

0

Simeon’s Answer

If you can, I would look into taking a class on statistics and another on accounting. Really, any business classes that you can take in high school will be useful. Beyond that, any high school classes that give you software or other tech skills would be recommended.
0