Should I apply to an internship even if it's not related to what I would like my future career to be?

6

I am a first year at Lehigh and I am considering becoming a marketing major, but would like to use internships to explore other options. #career #marketing #internships #first-year

6

Max’s Answer

0
Yes, Don't doubt If you want to get better communication skills just do it. This is skill can't get from the book,in the internship it will tell you How to get people trust ,How to work together with other people , How to manage you time....Most important is accumulation of human veins, it will help you create more opportunities when you graduated.
0

冰’s Answer

0
positive integrity planning Solidarity and affection
0

Brittnye’s Answer

0

Although I do agree that anything you do will help add to your future, I would recommend that you do not settle for the sake of building your resume. If you focus on being intentional today, you won't have to work so hard tomorrow. The great news about college is that you have more room to be selective and take that $9.00 hour internship of your DREAMS! Don't wait until you have bills to pay and a family to feed to start intentionally pursuing your career goals.

My recommendation to you: If you ABSOLUTELY have to take an internship for financial reasons, take it, but as soon as the better opportunity becomes available, jump on it. Don't waste time simply trying to "build skills" if it's not what you want to do in the long run. The competition is FIERCE and more college students are graduating with impressive internships and part-time jobs. Do it if you can.

0

静’s Answer

0
Internship will give you work experience which will give knowledage about how to coorperate with colleague and working skill, so no harm for your furture career.
0

Setia’s Answer

0

Hi, anything you do helps you to make new experiences and based on those you can make better decisions about your future career goals. I always believed in learning, growing and exploring. Be open to new opportunities and make the best of them.

0

Tadeusz’s Answer

0
My advice will be more practical, try to find internships related to merchandise marketing.
0