4
Updated 174 views Translate

How do I find a good professor?

College question

Thank you comment icon Hi, Jiajun! I edited your question a bit. Please edit the description to include some more details, as this is a very broad question that is difficult for professionals to answer! Thanks so much for posting. Alexandra Carpenter, Admin

4

0

Madi’s Answer

Hi Jiajun,

There are multiple ways to find a good professor. These can include: asking current students in the same major as you, reviewing their course evaluations online or sitting in on a class that they're teaching to see how you like their style. As someone else mentioned, you can also speak to your student advisor to get a feel for how the professor is.
0
0

Grisselda’s Answer

Hi!
You can find a great Professr by searching them on rate my professor. I’ve used this website to find all my college professors which has saved me tons of time and money. It’s a rating/opinion based website where students write their experience in a professors class, how they grade, etc. You can also ask peers, or classmates who have taken the course before to get their perspective. Another option is to email the professor, or set up an appointment during office hours to get an idea before you choose to add their class. This way is helpful because as you get to know them for yourself to see what kind of professor they are and decide if they are a great professor.
0
0

Angela’s Answer

Hello! I think using your the student advisors is really important. They are trained to know the different professors and should be able to give you feedback on which professors classes you should enroll in. You'll get to know this person over time and he/she can really make an impact on your success throughout your entire time in college. Good luck!
0
0

Rheena’s Answer

Hi! I think a few helpful ways of finding a good professor could be checking rate my professor online. The information isn't always accurate, but may sometimes give you a better idea of the requirements a professor has. Another helpful tip is also asking other students in your major who are upper levels, they may have some advice on the professors they took as well. Advisors are also a great source to get more information about a professor, or just doing a simple search online to find more information about the professors background. Hope that helps.
0