4
Asked 291 views

What should i do if i want a job rn?

what do i do

4

1

Mohit’s Answer

If you need to start working immediately, consider part-time jobs that don't demand advanced abilities.

Identify your existing skills and use them as a guide in your job hunt. Don't forget to tap into your network for possible opportunities.

Alongside this, focus on developing or enhancing your skills to match the job you're aiming for.
1
1

smita’s Answer

Local Job Hunt: Begin your journey by investigating job openings in Petal. Look at community notice boards, local newspapers, or local business websites for potential job postings. Finding employment near your home can often be more straightforward.

Career Guidance: If you're enrolled in a school or university, make a trip to your career guidance center. They can assist you in locating part-time or on-campus jobs that align with your academic schedule.

Consider Part-Time Roles: If securing a full-time job proves challenging, think about part-time employment. This can provide valuable experience and help you establish connections that could lead to a full-time role in the future.

Online Job Portals: Make use of online job platforms such as Indeed, Monster, or Mississippi-specific job search websites. Customize your search to Petal to discover jobs in your immediate area.

Remember, securing a job, particularly in a specific location like Petal, can take time. Maintain your resolve, continue to apply, and with tenacity, you'll enhance your chances of securing a job that matches your requirements and ambitions. Best of luck!
1
0

Jared’s Answer, CareerVillage.org Team

If my goal was to get a job (any job) really quickly, here are some things I'd try:
1. I'd carve out 1-2 hours every evening to be on Indeed, LinkedIn (the job search part of it), Monster, etc. applying for jobs. I'd focus on local jobs with entry-level job titles, and/or remote jobs.
2. I'd focus on applying to LARGE companies (for example big box store chains). They are more likely to have a fast and efficient and organized recruiting process which might mean you get an answer faster.
3. I'd call restaurants in your area to ask if they're hiring. Why restaurants? They answer their phones. They make hiring decisions quickly, and they are often short-staffed these days. Here's a call script for you: "Good afternoon. I'm wondering if you are hiring?" (if yes: "That's great! What roles are you hiring for, and how might I learn about how to apply?")

P.S. Everything I've shared above is just focused on how to get a job FAST. It doesn't say anything about how to find a *good* job or even how to find the *right* job for you. If you'd like advice on picking between job opportunities, that might be a great question to post next.

Jared, CareerVillage.org Team recommends the following next steps:

Get started by spending 2 hours on Indeed *today*
Call 20-30 local restaurants to ask if they are hiring
Be ready to provide your resume and/or write cover letters or other application materials to submit applications efficiently
Submit 200-300 job applications over the next 2 weeks
0
0

Talia’s Answer

There are often local sites (NextDoor, or TaskRabbit, etc.) that you could post your skills to your neighbors for what they could reach out to you for assistance with. You can also start a Fiverr or Upwork page and post your services so people can sign up to hire you.

Not often popular these days, but you could make a list of local businesses you'd like to work for and start showing up to them in person to ask the manager if they're hiring. Even if you submit an application, I'd regularly show up in person each week or every two weeks to check with the manager and see if they've got any opportunities. Maybe even offer to volunteer if it's possible for a temporary amount of time with an understanding that it will transition to employment if the volunteer timeframe goes well.
0