How to get into working with artificial intelligence ?

4

It is a topic that interests me. and it seems like a interesting career to work in.
I would like to know more about it.

#ai #technology

4

Carolyn’s Answer

0

Hello, I don't work directly with AI, but it is a topic that interests me too. I would suggest learning as much as you can about it and networking with people who work with that technology. For learning, there are courses about AI available on Lynda.com (your school or public library may have a free Lynda.com login you can use) and also there are webinars available that talk about AI trends (for example, check out www.earley.com/webinars). For networking, I would recommend searching LinkedIn for people who work in and write about AI -- you can follow them, read and comment on the posts they write, and then reach out to them if you would like to learn more about what it's like to work in AI. Good luck!

0

Janie’s Answer

0

Hi J.B.,

Great question - artificial intelligence is an area that is becoming more and more relevant to companies, especially in technology. The foundation of artificial intelligence is data and getting a good understanding for what A.I. even is and how it works (this is a great 20 minute read) is a great first step.

Janie recommends the following next steps:

• Get a basic understanding for Artificial Intelligence and how it works
  • Take a class in a subject foundational to A.I. (statistics, data analytics, data science, machine learning) - Google has a great primer (https://ai.google/education/)
  • If you like artificial intelligence, get involved in college - many of my colleagues working in AI either studied math or stats in undergrad, or studied machine learning in graduate school!
0

Theresa’s Answer

0

Artificial intelligence is a hot topic in the business industry. You can start working with artificial intelligence by learning more about software companies that are offering artificial intelligence products. Another way to get started is through an internship with one of the companies. This is a good method to find out if you will enjoy working with artificial intelligence on a daily basis.

Theresa recommends the following next steps:

• Take some on-line courses (e.g. Salesforce offers free online courses called Trailheads on Artificial Intelligence)
  • Contact some of the companies that are using artificial intelligence to see if they are offering internships
0