How can I best #pursue #specializing in an area of #occupational therapy?

2

My aim for a career is #occupational #therapy. I also am intrigued by #specializing in it. I would like to know if there is an #efficient, direct #process by which I can follow as a #guideline in order to achieve this. #occupational-therapy

2

Angelina’s Answer

1

Depending on what area you want to specialize in you may need Years under your belt and specific certifications, certified hand therapist is one of them. However other more general areas such as mental health or pediatrics only require you to apply to those types of jobs and work in that field. If you are having difficulty getting a job in those areas because of lack of experience then there are multiple online course you can take through nbcot website and other websites you may have to pay for to get the experience those employers are looking for. Hope this helps.

1

Joseph’s Answer

0
You have to start from somewhere like a State Tested Nurse Aide. That is one of the prerequisites for entering occupational therapy. The next thing to do is apply and work as an assistant or with your proven qualifications to apply for a degree.
0