What kind of good paying careers are there for technology skills?

I'm a student at Abraham Lincoln High School and I have some advanced technology skills but most of the careers are for computers but I want to know if there are careers for other types of technology for like phones, tablets, etc. #experienced

1

Jared’s Answer

Hi Jenni! Yes absolutely. If you're talking about careers in engineering, the answer is YES. Just like we need engineers to design software and applications for computers, we also need engineers to do the same for phones, tablets, wearables (like smart watches, fitbits, or other devices you wear), and other electronics. Everything in technology has to be designed and engineered by lots of people, so you can definitely pursue a career in any of these fields if that intrigues you. Here are a few career paths I might suggest for you to explore next:
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Development for mobile apps (for example, ask what programming languages you'd need to learn to build an iOS app and when you should start)
- Industrial Design

1