What parts do you find the most difficult as a Exotic Veterinarian?

1

I want to be a Veterinarian later but I still need to do more research on it. #veterinarian #animals #animals #veterinary

1

Dr Ezat Luba’s Answer

0
Exotic Veterinarians are very few! It is a very competitive field! You should start volunteering at your zoo NOW and meet as many people as possible so you will be the first person they say yes to for internships and fellowships. Networking is key!

I grew up in Ohio and when I would come home to visit my family I would spend time with a vet who had a small animal practice as his main gig and ran a wildlife practice in the basement of his hospital. It was amazing! I am sure I could have learned from him and become more confident in handling turtles and bats and raptors, etc but I just ended up going a different direction.

There are some, very few and usually much older doctors, who are seeing exotic animals without the structure of internship, fellowship model. Find them too!

Hope this helps!
0