What issues may I come across as a flight attendant?

I know that there is not a degree needed for becoming a flight attendant so I'd like to know any of the hardships I may face in this job airline-industry flight-attendant career travel difficulties

3
Pros
2
0
Students
1
0

Pamela’s Answer

Being a Flight Attendant is a great career. As is any job there will be good times and not such good times. Starting out you will not make very much money but you will have great benefits, including being able to fly for free. Also, when you start out count on working mostly weekends and holidays but in this career you can trade and drop trips. There is tons of flexibility. The more senior you get, the better trips you will get. I would say the hardships are working some very long days at times, having very early flights so getting up to start your day at 3:00 am is not unusual and storms will disrupt everything. You will have turbulence and some nasty passengers (but not that often). Most people are very nice. Safety of the passengers is of upmost importance. But being flexible and having flexibility is the key to enjoying this career. Plus, you will get to see the world and you will meet great and very fun people. I hope you go for it and get the job and enjoy it as I have.
0

Rebecca’s Answer

Hi Lillian,

I have a good friend that has been a flight attendant for many years. She loves her job. I will say her biggest pet peeve is people poking her trying to get her attention. I am sure starting off you will not get the best choice of schedules, however it is a great way to travel and give you the opportunity to see places that you would not have thought were on your bucket list!
0