What are the advantages of majoring in finance?

7
7

Justin’s Answer

0
There are many advantages to finance in the sense that there are many transferable skills. Finance teaches you many things about personal investments which can help you in the long run. Finance is also the language of business so it allows you to understand what is happening on a global and economic scale. Good luck!
0

Matthew’s Answer

0
Finance is a great gateway to learn about many things in life. As an accountant, I've had the opportunity to work with companies and executives in the technology, life sciences and consumer products fields and while working with these organizations, have learned about their products and services. I've learned about mapping the human genome, how cloud computing works, blockchain and a whole host of other topics. Finance is a great gateway because all organizations need strong financial team members to help them achieve the goals, whether it is a large multinational organization or a local non-profit.
0

Anant’s Answer

0
In addition to the above answers, Finance is often paired with other general business education classes, which can be extremely valuable in helping develop soft skills and general business skills that are extremely applicable too all fields, not just finance.
0

Alice’s Answer

0
Finance is a great way to learn about a company. As an Accountant, I have the opportunity to work with various departments which allows me insight into the company. Having a finance acumen is very useful in many organizations. If you understand the numbers it helps to make better business decisions.
0

Megan’s Answer

0
Finance is a great focus area of study! All companies hire for some sort of Finance/ Accounting role. If you're passionate about this work, you'll be able to find a job in many industries. You could work in healthcare, technology, public education, etc. I would just ensure that you're passionate about the day-to-day, as you'll most likely work many hours.
0

Emily’s Answer

0
I have found that some of the advantages to majoring in finance is you start to understand a lot about how a business works and how a lot of the world works as finance is important to everything
0

GABRIEL’s Answer

0
Many! Finance is a very broad topic and all companies, small and large have a need for experts in this field. This field also provides pathways to rotating through the department and onto other parts of the business.
0