As a chemistry major what is your career and what are some of your responsibilities?

Asked Fort Collins, Colorado

I would like to get an understanding of the career possibilities for a chemistry major. #career #chemistry

Bill’s Answer

Updated Seattle, Washington

Chemistry is a "flexible" major since you get exposed to a lot of other disciplines along the way. After my undergraduate degree in chemistry I went to graduate school and got a degree in environmental science, but now do research in oceanography. The responsibilities for working in research are getting funding, collecting and analyzing data, and writing reports and papers.

Hi. I'm a degree graduate of Analytical n Environmental Chemistry. Chemistry is actually quite wide; organic (exploring natural products), inorganic, analytical, forensic, environmental, polymer, etc. If you are interested to work in industry, then polymer may be the best one (suggestion only). If you like research, then you should master analytical chem. in terms of career, depending on what subjects you have studied, you can be a chemist (roles would depends on the company), teacher, lecturer, forensic analyst, or environmentalist.