What’s the best career in technology?

I enjoy a lot of aspects of technology. But I also enjoy being outdoors and not stuck behind a desk. #career #future #english

8

Khizer it's no surprise that computers will be an integral part of the workforce in the future. Knowing now which careers to pursue in a computer-related field can set you up for success in the long run. The careers below are either growing much faster than the average national job growth rate, or they are new positions in rapidly growing fields.

COMPUTER QUAILTY ASSURANCE ANALYSTS
Computer systems analysts ensure that companies are using the right programs to make their business run as smoothly and effectively as possible. They choose and implement computer systems to support specific objectives and budgets within an organization. With so many emerging technologies on the horizon, computer systems analysts will be needed to sort through and select the right options for varying business needs. Most have bachelor's degrees in a computer field and take additional training courses to stay current on the rapidly growing technology industry. The average salary for IT Quality Assurance Analyst in the United States is $82,500 as of June 28, 2020, but the range typically falls between $75,000 and $91,000. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.

INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYSTS
With the growth of computers and information technology comes an increase in cyber security threats. Information security analysts are needed now and in the future to implement protective measures against cyberattacks such as hacking into sensitive or valuable data. A bachelor's degree is a standard requirement for most information security analyst positions, but in some cases a Master's of Business Administration (MBA) in Information Systems degree and experience in a related role is preferred. The average Information Security Analyst salary in the United States is $88,000 as of June 28, 2020, but the range typically falls between $80,000 and $96,000. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.

BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYSTS
There is a reason the age of computers is referred to as the 'information age': computers make it easy to collect and store extensive amounts of data, sometimes so much that it is difficult to make sense of. Business intelligence analysts collect and analyze information from multiple data streams so companies can make informed decisions. They typically have a bachelor's degree and a thorough understanding of computer databases and business intelligence software. It is also helpful for business intelligence analysts to have general business and industry knowledge in order to communicate well with stakeholders. The average Business Intelligence Specialist salary in the United States is $96,500 as of June 28, 2020, but the range typically falls between $80,000 and $110,000. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.

COMPUTER HARDWARE ENGINEER
Computer hardware engineers are the designers of brand new hardware, and they can also test models of their designs before they are released to the public. They might even work on non-computers devices that connect to the Internet, such as medical devices or online-enabled vehicles. They can perform programming in a hardware description language (HDL), a way of describing circuits contained in hardware. Aspiring hardware engineers need a bachelor's degree in computer engineering or a related field. The average Computer Hardware Engineers salary in the United States is $96,000 as of June 28, 2020, but the range typically falls between $88,000 and $113,000. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.

Khizer these initial pathways will define the way in which you study the new technology in question, so you should take time to consider which route to take. If you’re interested in innovating medical technology, then biology, chemistry and medicine would each give you foundational knowledge of the sector. Meanwhile, if you want to go into robotics engineering, a first degree in mechanical engineering could be a wise choice also.

Hope this was Helpful Khizer

Thank you very much John. This has given me a insight into the industry and had also shown me what I need for the particular field in question. Again thank you very much. Khizer I.

Your Welcome Khizer. The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job. John Frick

Wise words. If you love your job then in my eyes your winning. Better to do what you love rather than do what is expected of you. Khizer I.

2

Mark’s Answer

There is no best career. My advice is to find what you love. If you have to ask, then you don't yet know. Find a company that has a lot of different roles or ideally a company that has a program where in year 1 they rotate your roles.
If you are looking to get an education, but don't know yet what to do, find a 12 week bootcamp and try out a paying job.
As far as technology, that is very wide. I would find an industry that you like and find a tech job there. For example, if you like sports, a company like TeamSnap that hires people to mobilize sports teams. For outdoors, you could work at a Ski resort, or national park. You could do technology for them. I recommend diverse roles where you can try out what you want. There are unlimited opportunities so determine where you want to live. You could also work for a High School activities association. There expertise isn't tech, so they value that and you get to work with local sports teams.

Mark recommends the following next steps:

Identify what you really like to do
Saved!
Read a book like What color is my parachute and do the exercises to help determine a career path
Saved!
See what is available in the places you want to live
Saved!
Talk to people at companies you find intereting.
Saved!
Don't go into tech just for the money. Take the time to find things you love to do.
Saved!

0

Anthonia’s Answer

Hi Khizer,
The best career in technology would be software developers because they affect virtually every aspect of our lives and definitely our virtual lives. If you listen to music through a streaming service or you organize photos on a laptop, you can thank a software developer. Software developers get their start in childhood, teaching themselves how to create code for computer. It's a well-paying job in which you may work for a software publishing company or company that designs computer systems.

Thank you Anthonia. I have previously done coding at a basic level with python so I somewhat know what I would be getting myself into. Only thing is I’m not sure if university would be the better approach or apprenticeships. What do you think? Thank you. Khizer I.

0

Epoch’s Answer

Hello Khizer,

There is no single best career in tech for every one. I would say you will find the best one for you throughout your career when learning new technologies. You might even come across a few "best".

My suggestion is that you should pick a modern programming language depending on what you are interested in. For example if you would like to develop apps for smartphones, you should try Flutter. Other programming languages include Go, Java, C++. Then put your heart into learning it and enjoy the process. Simply by learning one programming language, you will have the skills to pick up other ones easier when required by your job. Besides that, you will also improve your logical thinking, problem solving, and analytics skills. You should be qualified as software engineer once you can code and you could start there.

Some people focus on being a better developer but some move on into other departments like IT consulting/sales. I personally started off as a programmer too and because I love working with people, I moved into a more customer facing role. These things unravel as you grow in your career. Remember, there is no finish line and it is all about the journey.

Best wishes!

0

Anthonia’s Answer

Hi Khizer,

0

Michaelene’s Answer

There are SO many options! For example - I am in IT sales and (not taking Covid into account) travel to clients all over. This is true for many consultants and project managers.

Thank you Michaelene. What qualifications do you need for IT sales. I’m intrigued as I would love to travel the world but I fear work would tie me down. This seems like a good idea. Khizer I.

0

Simeon’s Answer

You could probably make a decent living for yourself being an editor, working with people who do videos and record media in the outdoors. You would have a diverse skill set you could take into many different industries.

0