Best first job for somebody with no volunteering experience?

I am 16 years old, I am a junior in highschool, and I'm trying to find a first job. I love making music. Everything about it is just incredibly alluring to me, I love playing instruments, writing instruments, and learning songs as well as writing them. Are there any jobs I could go into for this field? Or will I have to start with something unrelated? Thanks! #first-job #jobs #music #musician

4

Sarah’s Answer

I would encourage you to call your local sound recording studios, no matter how small, and ask if they provide internships to students. It's a great way to get your foot in the door and gain some hands-on experience. You may be surprised by the opportunities that are provided in your community. I also encourage you to apply at any music stores in your area. It's a great way to meet other musicians in the field and gain any knowledge or skills from people who have more experiences. Either of these options are a great way to begin networking and getting your name recognized in the industry. Good luck!

0

Michele’s Answer

Maybe do some work with children initially, after school music program, etc.

0

Gina’s Answer

Schools, churches, community events/festivals are all great ways to get your feet wet in the industry.

0

Renae’s Answer

Some retirement communities or senior centers offer music get-togethers or music-focused events. This gives older adults a way to connect with others over something joyful and entertaining. I recommend you reach out to senior centers in your community to see if they offer something already or if you could develop a program.

0