How much money can you make as an athletic trainer?

I would like to know the pay for an athletic trainer in different work environments. income salary trainer professional-sports

2
Pros
2
0

Jon’s Answer

Hi Italy,

The average salary for athletic trainer's in Chicago makes anywhere from $35,000-$65,000 a year. I'm sure this number is based on your experience level as an athletic trainer.
0

Cedric’s Answer

Some may say this depends on your level of expertise. For instance, if you have been a professional in a specific sport, you can charge hundreds of dollars an hour if you choose to. Yet, some people who have been professional athletes, like myself, will sometimes charge $0 to train a younger person they see that needs the guidance and structure.

If this is going to be your income, look yourself in the mirror and accept your level of expertise in the sport you are choosing to teach to others as follows:

Level 1: Novice to high school - still teaching yourself ($10 - 20 per hour)
Level 2: D1 College experience - ($50 - $100 per hour)
Level 3: Professional experience - ($100+ per hour)
0