4

Where are these research jobs typically located at?

I want to develop new shoe and running apparel to innovate the sport of long-distance professional runners. #running #sports #apparel #research

4

0

Janet’s Answer

Hi Soren, the company I work for called Deckers Brands is located in Santa Barbara, CA. I believe a lot of the research and development for one of the brands called Hoka (running sneakers/apparel) is done at the corporate headquarters. I would search where sneaker brands have their headquarters (ie. Nike is outside of Portland, Or). That will give you an idea of where the opportunities to start would be! Hope that helps.
0
0

Brad’s Answer

Hi Soren,

If you're interested in pursuing a career path in performance apparel or footwear I would see if any of the BIG brands offer internship opportunities i.e. Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, New Balance. It's a great way to get a baseline understanding and experience in the field. You can also see if those brands offer wear testing opportunities. This is a way to provide direct feedback to brands through testing of future products. Further, I know Oregon offers a post grad program specifically related to Product Line Management and Product Creation. Best of luck!
0
0

Neala’s Answer

Research jobs are usually online if it is data-based research or in a lab!
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the help. Soren
0