4
Updated 63 views Translate

What is working in Computing and Networking like?

I'm pretty interested in computers and technology. I've built a PC and I found I really enjoyed doing it and wanted to build computers and fix computers as a career. I have also looked into cyber security.

4

0

Hanish’s Answer

Hello Adison! That's a good question and I am glad that you're interested with Computers. Working in computing requires you to be a good problem solver and programmer. Problem solving is very crucial to any area of computing. A cybersecurity professional should have in depth knowledge on various network protocols like TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc. and security measures that needs to be taken to prevent attacks on systems. I would suggest familiarizing yourself with a programming language like python which is very common in Cybersecurity and take a beginner course on it.
0
0

Chrissy’s Answer

Hi Addison! It sounds to me like you would enjoy a career in Presales. What is Presales you say? It's the best job you've never heard of! LOL

The name might be a bit scary, but Presales in not about selling, it's about architecting a solution to solve customer's business opportunities when it comes to infrastructure. That solution is what the sales team sells to the customer. Presales is a great fit for people who are passionate about technology, like teamwork, enjoy solving problems and explaining complex concepts to customers in an easy to understand way.

If you like building computers, Presales is the same concept but on a much larger scale. We work mostly with hardware to provide storage solutions for large companies globally. Every solution is unique based on the customer's requirements.

Chrissy recommends the following next steps:

Research Presales and what Solutions Architects do
0
0

Abinash’s Answer

Hi
There are so many options there, Decide whether you want to be software Development side or the Infrastructure side.Based upon that you can choose the career path
0