Where can I volunteer in Portland Oregon?

3

The reason for me asking is because I think it will help with my career choice and get a more understanding on helping people. #make-a-change #volunteering #volunteerism #career #career-counseling #career-choice

3

Bruce’s Answer

0
Hi Ruth ... Portland has many volunteer opportunities. It's an extremely involved community. You can tune your choice based upon interest, past experience and personal values. Ex. Ronald McDonald House hosts families of seriously ill children at no cost to them. They constantly need vols for a variety of services to the house and families. I suggest you start with an online search such as "Portland Volunteer Helping people" or go to Volunteer Match as a start.
0

Paula’s Answer

0

Hi Ruth,

Speaking as a volunteer coordinator who used to work in Portland, I can tell you there are a lot of museums, historic houses, and gardens that could use your help! I think it best you tailor your volunteerism towards work you are interested in pursuing as a career, or hobby subjects you love. My first question to you is: what skills are you wanting to learn? Choose volunteer jobs that align with your priorities. Customer service, work experience and demonstrating your dedication to others is something you'll get out of any opportunity, while helping your community. Tailoring your choices can only help you accomplish your goals efficiently. Volunteer Match is a good place to start.

0

Bruce’s Answer

0
0

Lashay’s Answer

0

Hello Ruth: I agree with all previous answers. The two sites I tend to recommend most are: handsonportland.org and volunteermatch.org. These two websites allow you to search according to your desired zip code and skills to use or grow. Best of luck with your search!

Sincerely,

Lashay N. Taylor

Lashay recommends the following next steps:

• Review volunteermatch.org for opportunities of interest in a convenient location and times
  • Review handsonportland.org for opportunities in convenient locations and times
0