Career Questions tagged Volunteerism

Ruth G.’s Avatar
Ruth G. Sep 01, 2017 484 views

Where can I volunteer in Portland Oregon?

The reason for me asking is because I think it will help with my career choice and get a more understanding on helping people. #make-a-change #volunteering #volunteerism #career #career-counseling...

#career-choice

Mitchell A.’s Avatar
Mitchell A. Sep 12, 2016 709 views

What type of internships can you get and what is it that you exactly do when being a psychology major?

I have yet to think about getting an internship while in the process of achieving my B.A in Psychology. I know that an internship is something very good to have under your belt because it shows experience and is highly valuable for applying to jobs. I am skeptical as to what you do as you...

#internships #volunteering #volunteerism #internship #volunteer-training

Chelsea M.’s Avatar
Chelsea M. Jul 06, 2016 630 views

How do you write a good resume when you lack job experience?

I'm going into my first year of college, but I have only had a month-long internship as actual job experience, and I'd like to apply for more internships as soon as possible. I have done volunteer work and extracurricular activities, but I'm not sure how to format them within a resume to show...

#internships #extracurriculars #volunteerism #resume-writing

Student Voices by CV ..’s Avatar
Student Voices by CV .. Oct 09, 2015 1980 views

What are some volunteer things that I can do to have fun this Halloween while improving my resume?

This question comes from a student who wants to make the most out of their Halloween by giving back to their community through some form of volunteerism. They're thinking about improving their resume and strengthening their college applications by adding more extracurricular activities to their...

#volunteering #event-planning #volunteer #resume #volunteerism