What are some colleges that have good ultrasound programs?
I am interested in going to school to be an ultrasound tech and I am searching for colleges that have a promising program for it. I am planning to finish with a bachelors.
1. **Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences:** Renowned for its medical programs, Mayo Clinic offers a Bachelor of Science in Health Professions with a concentration in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
2. **Johns Hopkins University:** Their School of Medicine offers a Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging with a focus on diagnostic ultrasound.
3. **Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT):** RIT offers a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography through its College of Health Sciences and Technology.
4. **University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee:** UWM offers a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography with a strong clinical component.
5. **Oregon Institute of Technology:** This school offers a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which includes clinical experiences.
6. **Seattle University:** Their Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Ultrasound program emphasizes clinical practice and patient care.
7. **Thomas Jefferson University:** Located in Philadelphia, this university offers a Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences with a concentration in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
8. **University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center:** Offers a Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences with a specialization in sonography.
9. **University of Missouri-Columbia:** Known for its strong medical programs, Mizzou offers a Bachelor of Health Science in Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences with an emphasis on sonography.
10. **University of Nebraska Medical Center:** Offers a Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging and Therapeutic Sciences with a sonography track.
Remember to check whether the programs you're interested in are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS). Accredited programs often provide the best preparation for certification and employment in the field.
Additionally, consider factors like tuition costs, location, and whether the program offers opportunities for clinical rotations or internships, which are crucial for hands-on experience. Visiting campuses and talking to current students or alumni can also provide valuable insights into the program's quality and atmosphere.