2 answers
Updated
125 views
How do you really know that what you are sacrificing now is really worth it in the long run, if you think that it is going to benefit your future?
I am a high school senior and am going to college to be an elementary educator. I am working really hard to go to a school that I think will benefit me the most and give me the best education. This comes with a big sacrifice because I would have to put aside things that I like to do or want to do to get the education to become the best teacher that I can be.
Login to comment
2 answers
Updated
Stephanie’s Answer
Hi! I really admire your drive to become the best teacher you can be. The world truly needs great teachers like you. Follow your dreams, even if it means making some sacrifices. I had to quit one of my part-time jobs because balancing student teaching and two jobs was tough. I learned to budget better, and it was worth it to succeed in school. It's important to prioritize what's most important to help you decide what sacrifices are worth making to reach the next level in your career or goals.
Updated
Jerry’s Answer
First, I would be very careful re which institution of higher learning you plan to attend. If you are so focused on teaching elementary education, start with a simple search of the intitutions that you are interested in.
Secondly, I would visit some elementary schools in your area, both public and private, calling ahead to make an initial appointment. When there, have a list of pertinent questions you wish to ask, and you obviously have some. If things go well, you may be able to talk to some of the teachers, and they would know better than anyone what, if any, of your concerns are justified. And if some are, they may be able to offer advice regarding how to deal with such issues.
For myself, I spent forty-eight years in front of classrooms, though none at the elementary level, but I never felt it was a sacrifice of any sort. It was all a plus, and I certainly didn't give up the other things that were of an interest to me.
Therefore I would start with some exploration.
Secondly, I would visit some elementary schools in your area, both public and private, calling ahead to make an initial appointment. When there, have a list of pertinent questions you wish to ask, and you obviously have some. If things go well, you may be able to talk to some of the teachers, and they would know better than anyone what, if any, of your concerns are justified. And if some are, they may be able to offer advice regarding how to deal with such issues.
For myself, I spent forty-eight years in front of classrooms, though none at the elementary level, but I never felt it was a sacrifice of any sort. It was all a plus, and I certainly didn't give up the other things that were of an interest to me.
Therefore I would start with some exploration.